Be sure you are providing the best quality performance and safety to your customer.
On March 1, 2015 the new EU standards (ISO 12311-1-2013 and ISO 12312-2013) for sunglasses went into effect.
- ISO 12312-1:2013 is applicable to all afocal (plano power) sunglasses and clip-ons for general use, including road use and driving, intended for protection against solar radiation.
- ISO 12311:2013 is applicable to personal protective equipment by providing specific test methods for sunglasses.
NSL tests to the latest version of International, European, American and Australian/New Zealand standards:
- ISO 12311-2013
- ISO 12312-1:2013
- ANSI Z80.3 (Plano sunglasses)
- AN/NZS 10676-2003
Sunglass Performance Testing Services
- Luminous Transmittance Values
- Photochromic Testing (activation and deactivation rates)
- Enhances Simulated Wear Test (ESWT)
- Material & Surface Quality (scratch resistant and cleanability)
- Hydrophobic Properties
- Visible Spectral range (Recognition of signal light and colors)
- UV Spectral range – Values given for UVA, UVB & Average Blue Light
- Simulation of Environmental Exposure (UV, heat, humidity)
- Optical Properties