NSL Analytical Services Inc. is an independent, commercial materials testing laboratory. Our services comprise a broad spectrum of analytical testing for quality control, failure analysis, product performance, and material selection and characterization. We are currently searching for the most talented individuals to join our staff. We are always looking for team players with good problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to organize and multitask to meet production deadlines. The ideal candidates will be flexible, team oriented, and willing to learn multiple facets of our business.
Job Title: Customer Support/Submission Department: Submission
Reports To: Submission Supervisor FLSA: Non-Exempt
Date: May 17, 2020 Full-time Position
Customer Support serves as a beginning, middle and ending for all transactions that take place at NSL. This department mediates morning production meetings, communicates effectively with customers, Account Management, and lab techs, and provides all necessary information in detail to ensure the accuracy of all sample submissions.
Enters Information into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Reviews customer paperwork for proper information to enter samples.
- Transcribes customer paperwork, specifications and/or quotes into job orders by entering the information into the computer database and scanning appropriate paperwork into the system.
- Verifies accuracy, validity, and completion of data by computer verification, proofreading, printouts, peer review, or other applicable methods; and makes corrections as necessary.
- Contacts customer for clarification, specifications, or to request additional samples.
- Creates routine analysis templates for future use to create job orders.
- Processes customer recheck and additional requests for work on completed samples.
- Performs Requirement Review to ensure quality and accuracy enabling successful testing: routing, quotes, PO’s, customer paperwork, prior to sample entry.
Maintains Departmental and Customer Records
- Records all information and correspondence regarding samples and requests for testing into LIMS.
- Maintains department filing system using the computer and filing customer paperwork with the reports.
- Updates and maintains customer and contact information in LIMS, customer requirements, testing parameters and industry specifications.
- Responds to customer issues and forwards technical issues to the Tech Specialists. Follows up to make sure issues are addressed.
- Obtains information from the customer to perform requested task for work already in house.
- Enters and receives customer information using the company’s computer system.
- Gets approval from lab for possible due date changes and submits changes into system.
- Acts as a liaison between lab and clients for information from customers.
- Provides close interaction with the customer on status of lab testing.
- Monitors designated turn around time and expedites service when possible.
- Enters client concerns into the LIMS system and assists the Quality Assurance Department with their resolution.
- Provides feedback to Account Management Team and the Technical Group on customer’s needs or problems.
- Arranges for customers to have samples picked-up by a courier service. Arranges other courier requests for pickups or deliveries.
- Enters quoted prices into LIMS at time of data entry
- Prices work order using quotes or by predetermined rates and discounts.
- Prepares for daily meetings by compiling necessary statistics (revenue, sample data, etc.)
- Facilitates daily production meetings.
* The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties or work overtime as required.
- Adheres to quality and safety standards.
- Special projects and/or duties as assigned.
- High school graduate with minimum of 2 years Customer Service experience in a technical or service industry preferred. Associates degree in business or science related fields a plus.
- Ability to learn new tasks and software.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Good typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and synthesize information.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a member of a cohesive team.
- Strong orientation toward customer service.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
General lab environment includes sitting, standing, and walking; infrequent lifting of up to 20 lbs., pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, and crouching. Work is completed in a lab environment that contains potentially hazardous materials with possible exposure to odors, acids, fumes, and other reactive materials. The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Email your resume to Erin McCafferty at email@example.com