January, 2018 - Cleveland, Ohio: NSL Analytical Services, Inc., an independent commercial testing laboratory, received renewed accreditation for ISO/IEC 17025, a prestigious designation for the quality and competence of its services.
Additional specifications and methods have been adopted by NSL and received approval from ANAB. The scope expansion includes these added capabilities:
- ASTM B214 Sieve Testing for Sieve Analysis- Metal and other Powders
- ASTM B527 Tap Density for Metal Powders
- ASTM B213 Flow Rate for Metal Powders
- ASTM B212 Apparent Density for Free Flowing Metal Powders
- ASTM B417 Apparent Density for Non Free Flowing Metal Powders
- AMS 2750 Heat Treat of Specimens for Metallic Materials
- IEC 6221-7-2 Colorimetric Cr+6 on Polymers and Electronics for RoHS Testing
- IEC 62321-8 Phthalates for RoHS Testing
- SEM Qualitative Elemental Analysis, EDS Profile, Surface Morphology and Imaging with Hitachi Scanning Electron Microscope Model SU3500
"This accreditation recognizes the testing competence of NSL in everything we do," said Larry Somrack, President. "NSL has been ISO/IEC 17025 accredited since 1999. Our commitment to quality and continuous improvement has made our accreditation of ISO/IEC 17025 a cornerstone of trust for our clients."
Renewed accreditation certificates from ANAB, the ILAC-approved accreditation body for NSL, are now available for download.
What is ISO/IEC 17025? ISO/IEC 17025 was first issued in 1999 by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). It is the single most important standard for calibration and testing laboratories around the world. Laboratories that are accredited to this international standard have demonstrated that they are technically competent and able to produce precise and accurate test and/or calibration data.
This accreditation is a voluntary, third party-reviewed process. As part of accreditation, a laboratory's quality management system (QMS) is thoroughly evaluated and all accredited tests are observed by an auditor on a regular basis to ensure continued technical competence and compliance with ISO/IEC 17025. A copy of NSL’s QMS is available by requesting it online.
About NSL Analytical Services, Inc.
A recognized leader in analytical testing, NSL Analytical Services, Inc. is an Independent Commercial Testing Laboratory specializing in Inorganic Elemental Chemical Analysis, Metallurgical and Microscopy Evaluations, Polymer Materials Testing and Metal Powder Evaluations. NSL Analytical helps customers achieve the highest standards of product quality from design to launch by providing accurate, reliable and repeatable materials testing results through Trust, Technology and Turnaround. For more information, contact us online or call 877-560-3943.