Technician working under supervision and direction of the Site Leader with detailed instructions as to the required tasks and results expected. Performs a variety of routine tests, analyses, and operations, and assists by carrying out detailed steps of analysis. Complete mechanical testing and metallographic preparation when authorized by the Site Leader.
Primary Responsibilities/Key Attributes*:
- Metallographic cutting, mounting, grinding and polishing
- Macro Prep and Etching
- Macro and Micro Photography
- Brinell Hardness
- Rockwell Hardness
- Tensile Testing at Room Temperature
- Guided Bend Test
- Compiling test results and entering the results into the LIMS.
- Responsible for proper chemical hygiene and safety for all areas of the facility.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decreases turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to maintain quality assurance of results and seamless customer service.
- Basic problem solving or troubleshooting of analytical techniques or methods.
- Adhere to laboratory safety standards.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- 1- 2 years of experience working full-time in a metallic material testing laboratory performing metallurgical preparation, testing and analysis.
- Associates Degree in a technical field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Commercial testing laboratory experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a member of a cohesive team.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to accept feedback and make adjustments when necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
General lab environment: includes sitting, standing and walking; frequent lifting of up to 30 lbs., pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, and crouching. Frequent use of machinery with moving parts. Work is completed in the lab environment that contains toxic materials with possible exposure to odors, acids, fumes and other reactive materials.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Associate (Required)