NSL is hiring! Come join our Team:
Founded in 1945, NSL Analytical Services works with leading industries to provide commercial materials testing. We work with leaders in the Aerospace, Automotive, and Manufacturing industries. Our customers rely on our technology to help develop, research, and test the materials that go into their products. The materials we have tested can be found anywhere from the airplane you are riding in, the semi’s that you see on the road, and even in your local store.
NSL provides critical information that our customers can trust, with rapid turnaround to help them meet the demands of their customers.
The Saw Operator is responsible for sample preparation.
Regular – Full Time
Primary Responsibilities/Key Attributes*:
- Prepares samples using a variety of industrial saws for subsequent machining or testing processes. Lays-out out test piece locations with the approval of supervisor, sets up and operates saws.
- Maintains facility and equipment, including preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for proper chemical hygiene and safety for all areas of the facility.
- Adheres to laboratory safety standards.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- At least 1 year of experience working full-time in a machine shop or materials testing laboratory. Commercial testing laboratory experience preferred.
- Tow motor experience/license
- Some Trade School Training (ideal)
- Familiarity with the sample preparation techniques for a variety of alloys. Includes manual and automatic sample preparation techniques.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to interface with computerized databases and systems.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a member of a cohesive team.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to accept feedback and make adjustments when necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
- General machine shop environment: includes sitting, standing and walking; frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs., pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, and crouching. Frequent use of machinery with moving parts
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance – 1x salary of basic life insurance - no cost to employee
- Short Term Disability - no cost to employee
- Long Term Disability - no cost to employee
- Paid Time Off after 90 days of service
- 10 paid holidays after 30 days of service
- 401(k) - Eligible at the beginning of the month following 60 days of employment
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.