NSL is hiring! Come join our Team:
Founded in 1945, NSL Analytical Services works with leading industries to provide commercial materials testing. We work with leaders in the Aerospace, Automotive, and Manufacturing industries. Our customers rely on our technology to help develop, research, and test the materials that go into their products. The materials we have tested can be found anywhere from the airplane you are riding in, the semi’s that you see on the road, and even in your local store.
NSL provides critical information that our customers can trust, with rapid turnaround to help them meet the demands of their customers.
This position is in combined use office/laboratory environments, located in two separate buildings, and is part-time. This function performs general building facilities and grounds maintenance and upkeep, while facilitating work performed by external licensed contractors. The Facilities Assistant works under supervision of the Facilities and Instrumentation Specialist, reporting to the Manager of Analytical Operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General building maintenance and clean-up
- Minor grounds maintenance, clearing and salting sidewalks in winter, etc.
- Assist with infrastructure repairs and upgrades
- Facilitate work performed by external contractors
- Complete training in new skills areas
- Abide by all safety requirements
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience with hand tools and basic power tools
- Basic knowledge of building systems – HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Must be able to perform lifting, moving, bending, etc.
- Must have a “can do” attitude and work as a team member with other employees
- Must be dependable and able to provide and meet a work schedule in advance, either regular or variable
- Must have a driver’s license to travel 2 miles between laboratories on occasion
- Certificates in manual skills
- Experience working around laboratory environments
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.