NSL is hiring! Come join our Team:
NSL Analytical Services Inc. is an independent, commercial material testing laboratory located in the Cleveland area (Warrensville Heights) with 70 employees and two facilities. NSL is comprised of a broad spectrum of analytical testing for quality control, failure analysis, product performance, material selection and characterization.
Founded in 1945, NSL Analytical Services works with leading industries to provide commercial materials testing. We work with leaders in the Aerospace, Automotive, and Manufacturing industries. Our customers rely on our technology to help develop, research, and test the materials that go into their products. The materials we have tested can be found anywhere from the airplane you are riding in, the semi’s that you see on the road, and even in your local store.
NSL provides critical information that our customers can trust, with rapid turnaround to help them meet the demands of their customers.
Analyzes a wide variety of samples using ICPOES for which there are standards or established methods of analysis or for which the adaptation of standard methods is obvious or determined by others.
- Ability to perform all responsibilities or duties of a Chemist.
- Performs chemical tests of samples using ICPOES instrumentation and apparatus.
- Performs basic instrument maintenance as detailed in the method
- Create aqueous standards for analysis
- Recommends methods and procedures update used in material analysis.
- Interprets test data and final results.
- Follows quality protocol as outlined in the methods or company SOP’s quality
- Enters test results into the Lab Information Management System (LIMS) database.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to maintain quality assurance of results and seamless customer service.
- Able to select and apply general and specialized methods, techniques, and instruments commonly used in the laboratory.
- Analyzes a wide variety of samples for which there are standard or established methods or analysis or for which the adaptation of standards is obvious.
- High-level analytical problem solving skills.
- Performs entire analytical process of fundamental analysis without supervisory intervention in primary area of expertise.
- Identifies analytical problems that occur during testing of samples
- Ensures safety standards are maintained.
- Prepares written notes specific to problems on analysis.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a science related field requiring a minimum of one year of Chemistry curriculum plus 2 years of lab experience or a minimum of four years lab experience as reviewed and approved at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Analytical Instrumental experience on ICPOES, ICPMS and AA Instruments a plus
- Sample preparation experience a plus
- Knowledge of accepted quality assurance/quality control procedures used in chemical analysis.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and approved chemical disposal practices.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of the operation and care of specialized laboratory equipment.
- Ability to follow established methods and procedures.
- Willingness to learn new tasks.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a member of a cohesive team.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to accept feedback and make adjustments when necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.