Regular – Full Time
The Alloy Chemist works with a wide variety of metal and ceramic samples, to prepare and analyze them using combustion, inert gas fusion, Spark OES and/or XRF in conjunction with test standards and established methods of analysis. The Alloy Chemist is an integral part of our technical team, working alongside technicians, chemists and other analytical teams within our Analytical Laboratory.
- Ability to perform the following responsibilities or duties:
• Perform composition analyses of metal alloys using LECO elemental analyzers.
• Optionally, prepare and analyze metal and ceramic samples using Spark OES and/or XRF.
• Perform basic instrument maintenance and upkeep as detailed in operating procedures.
• Recommend updates to methods and procedures used in material analysis.
• Interpret test data and final results.
• Strictly adhere to quality protocols as outlined in the methods or company procedures.
• Enter test results into the Lab Information Management System (LIMS) database.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to maintain quality assurance of results and seamless customer service.
- Ability to select and apply general and specialized methods, techniques, and instruments commonly used in the laboratory.
- Analyze a wide variety of samples for which there are standard or established methods or analysis or for which the adaptation of standards is obvious.
- Dedicated to ensuring safety standards are maintained.
- Maintain detailed records and prepare written notes specific to issues during analysis.
* The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties or work overtime as required.
- As Required
Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.