NSL Analytical Services Inc. is an independent, commercial materials testing laboratory. Our services comprise a broad spectrum of analytical testing for quality control, failure analysis, product performance, and material selection and characterization. We are currently searching for the most talented individuals to join our staff. We are always looking for team players with good problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to organize and multitask to meet production deadlines. Ideal candidates will be flexible, team oriented, willing to learn multiple facets of our business, and seek to increase their scientific knowledge.
Department: Customer Support
Technical Customer Support Manager
Responsible for assuring an exceptional customer experience.
The Account Manager is a member of the Customer Support Team. The Customer Support Team is the first point of contact for the company and serves as the beginning, middle, and ending for all testing services that NSL Analytical provides. The Team handles the flow of inquiries and samples through the business and ensures that all communication between the lab and the customer are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
The Account Manager must follow established procedures for quoting work, determining discounts, establishing terms of sale, and providing referrals to other laboratories when appropriate. Tasks include entering and referring client concerns to proper departments for resolution, communicating with Sales Management as needed about pricing, competitive analysis, and market analysis, and supporting Outside Sales Representatives by supplying information and access to internal resources. The Account Manager may engage in local sales visits as needed.
1. Customer Relationship Management:
- Responds to customer issues and answers questions, addresses concerns and supports the overall needs of clients.
- Helps answer technical customer questions.
- Serves as a liaison to customer.
- Obtains information from the customer to perform requested testing requests.
- Maintains and reviews blanket PO’s and customer contracts for adherence.
- Actively works to increase wallet share/revenue in assigned accounts.
- Develops long term relationships with regular outbound communication (email/phone).
- Sets up meetings with customer and Tech Team to discuss projects or testing as needed.
- Processes customers re-check and additional requests for work on completed samples.
- Gets approval from lab for possible due date changes and submits changes into system.
- Provides close interaction with the customer on status of lab testing.
- Monitors designated turnaround time and expedites service when possible.
2. Quoting / Pricing:
- Creates quotes from all client sources including web/email, customer requests (email/phone) and Sales Department.
- Ensures quote is communicated to customer and Outside Sales personnel.
- Maintains all customer communication in NetSuite.
- Tracks and updates all quotes (regular and blanket) when applicable; renews with updated pricing upon expiration date.
- Prices submissions using established quotes.
3. Maintains departmental and customer records:
- Records all information and correspondence regarding samples and requests for testing into appropriate databases. (NetSuite, LIMS)
- Maintains department filing system using the computer and filing work orders and customer paperwork with the reports.
- Updates and maintains customer contact information, including customer requirements, testing parameters, and industry specifications.
4. Subcontracting Process (Assists Technical Team and Quality Department)
- Works with appropriate staff and/or contractors to identify approved labs as well as correct methods.
- Generates chain of custody paperwork.
- Enters client concerns into the LIMS system and assists the Quality Assurance Department with their resolution.
- Consults with the Technical Team to provide immediate solutions to customer needs.
6. Courier Services
- Arranges for customers to have samples picked-up by a courier service
- Arranges any other courier requests for pickups or deliveries
7. Final Reports
- Review final reports by comparing finished report to paperwork to ensure accuracy in reporting requested testing and testing requirements
- Distributions completed reports to customer electronically.
May assist in submission process as required.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field preferred.
- Experience in technical support preferred
- Exceptional telephone skills.
- Working knowledge or ability to learn network programs such as LIMS, NetSuite
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Proven track record in meeting and/or exceeding goals.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Good typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as be a member of a cohesive team.
- Strong orientation toward customer service.
- Knowledge of chemistry.
- Results oriented; demonstrated ability to clearly articulate and achieve goals.
- Willingness to be accountable for performance. Ability to overcome setbacks and enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved.
- Ability to function well in a professional, team-oriented environment.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
General lab environment includes sitting, standing, and walking; infrequent lifting of up to 20 lbs., pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, and crouching. Work is completed in a lab environment that contains toxic materials with possible exposure to odors, acids, fumes, and other reactive materials.
This description is representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and physical requirements to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties or work overtime as required.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.