NSL Analytical Services Inc. is an independent, commercial materials testing laboratory. Our services comprise a broad spectrum of analytical testing for quality control, failure analysis, product performance, and material selection and characterization. We are currently searching for the most talented individuals to join our staff. We are always looking for team players with good problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to organize and multitask to meet production deadlines. Ideal candidates will be flexible, team oriented, willing to learn multiple facets of our business, and seek to increase their scientific knowledge.
Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Manager
Directly assists Quality Assurance Manager with the administration of the company’s quality system that is essential to maintain multiple accreditations, including ISO 17025, Nadcap MTL and NQA-1. The critical role has primary responsibility for the following NSL programs: leading or supporting customer and registrar audits, internal audits, and continuous improvement projects. Duties will also include supporting the organization’s safety and export compliance programs.
1. Manage NSL Quality Documentation
- Primary responsibility for maintenance of the document control and record retention system
- Maintains the company specification library
- Supports NSL training program
2. Maintain NSL Internal Audit System
- Maintain the annual schedule of internal audits and conduct audits as assigned
- Drive effective resolution of observations and findings identified during internal audits
3. Coordinate and Facilitate External Audits (Customer, Registrar etc.)
- Communicate with external representatives and NSL staff to schedule on-site audits
- Make necessary arrangements and preparations for external audits
- Take primary responsibility for facilitating and reporting on external audits
- Coordinating with the Quality Assurance Manager for audit finding / nonconformance responses
4. Continuous Improvement Projects
- Partner with laboratory leaders and lead business process/continuous improvement projects to drive productivity and/or efficiency gains combined with overall cost and process waste reductions.
5. Other Duties
- Provide monthly charting of Quality metrics.
- Verification, follow-up, and closure of improvement actions
- Maintain active portal accounts with customers, registrars, and regulatory bodies
- Responsible for timely response to customer surveys, including coordinating input from other departments
- Review customer Quality Requirements documents to determine applicability to NSL, and what requirements, if any, might exceed the NSL standard QMS and business practices
- Maintain the risk assessment matrix
- Assist with the general duties and responsibilities of the NSL Quality Department
- Works in a safe manner following all NSL safety practices
- Adheres to the NSL Export Compliance Program.
Some travels may be required.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, quality, or relevant coursework or 5 years of equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a quality system internal auditor
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects, lean/6-sigma experience preferred
- ASQ or similar auditor accreditation preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Effective computer literacy with Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Previous responsibility in key areas of a quality management system, ISO 17025 and Nadcap MTL, ASME NQA-1 preferred, ISO 9001 or AS9100 accepted
- Demonstrated effectiveness organizing and interpreting statistics
Key Success Factors:
- Ability to assess requirements quickly and work independently, efficiently, and accurately
- Ability to work as a key member of a highly collaborative team, working closely and coordinating with people at all levels of NSL
- Ability to represent NSL in a professional manner
- Ability to successfully negotiate the culture of a medium-sized, growing company
- Ability to clearly maintain and manage several projects at once, and provide regular accountability updates for assignments
- Professional attitude and approach
Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
General Lab environment: Includes sitting, standing, and walking; infrequent lifting of up to 20 lbs., pulling pushing, carrying reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, and crouching. Work is completed in the lab environment that contains toxic materials with possible exposure to odors, acids, fumes, and other reactive materials.
This description is representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and physical requirements to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties or work overtime as required.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com