NSL Analytical Services Inc. is an independent, commercial materials testing laboratory. Our services comprise a broad spectrum of analytical testing for quality control, failure analysis, product performance, and material selection and characterization. We are currently searching for the most talented individuals to join our staff. We are always looking for team players with good problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to organize and multitask to meet production deadlines. Ideal candidates will be flexible, team oriented, willing to learn multiple facets of our business, and seek to increase their scientific knowledge.
Department: ICP Lab
Analysis of a wide variety of samples using ICPMS for which there are standards or established methods of analysis or for which the adaption of standard methods is obvious or determined by others.
- Ability to perform all responsibilities or duties of a Chemist.
- Performs chemical tests of samples using instrumentation and apparatus.
- Recommends methods and procedures updates used in material analysis.
- Interprets test results and final results.
- Enters test results in the Lab Information Management System (LIMS) database.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to maintain quality assurance of results and seamless customer service.
- Able to select and apply general and specialized methods, techniques, and instruments commonly used in the laboratory.
- Analyzes a wide variety of samples for which there are standard or established methods or analysis for which the adaptation of standards is obvious.
- Basic problem solving and troubleshooting of analytical techniques or methods.
- Ensures safety standards are maintained.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a science related field requiring a minimum of one year of Chemistry curriculum or a minimum of two years lab experience as reviewed and approved at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Analytical instrumental experience required, ICPMS and AA instruments a plus.
- Knowledge of accepted quality assurance/quality control procedures used in chemical analysis.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of chemistry.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and approved chemical disposal practices.
- Ability to follow established methods and procedures.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and software.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Skills, training, and experience consistent with requirements for a Level One Chemist.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a member of a cohesive team.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to accept feedback and adjust when necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
General Lab environment: Includes sitting, standing, and walking; infrequent lifting of up to 20 lbs., pulling pushing, carrying reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, and crouching. Work is completed in the lab environment that contains toxic materials with possible exposure to odors, acids, fumes, and other reactive materials.
This description is representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and physical requirements to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties or work overtime as required.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com