NSL Analytical Services Inc. is an independent, commercial materials testing laboratory. Our services comprise a broad spectrum of analytical testing for quality control, failure analysis, product performance, and material selection and characterization. We are currently searching for the most talented individuals to join our staff. We are always looking for team players with good problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to organize and multitask to meet production deadlines. Ideal candidates will be flexible, team oriented, willing to learn multiple facets of our business, and seek to increase their scientific knowledge.
Chemist I or Lab Technician
Department: Wet Chemistry Lab
Chemist or Lab Technician working under close supervision with specific and detailed instructions as to required tasks and results. Performs a variety of routine tests, analyses, and operations, and assists experienced Chemists by carrying out detailed steps of experiments. Completes fundamental analytical projects when authorized by immediate supervisor.
- Performs chemical tests of samples based on internal methods using instrumentation and apparatus.
- Performs various sample preparations involving acid dissolutions and alkali flux fusions for ICP/ICP-MS.
- Operates Microwave Digestion Units.
- Recommends method and procedure updates used in material analysis.
- Interprets test results and final results.
- Follows quality protocol as outlined in the methods or company SOP’s.
- Enters test results in the Lab Information Management System (LIMS) database.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to maintain quality assurance of results and seamless customer service.
- Basic problem solving and troubleshooting of analytical techniques or methods.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a science related field requiring a minimum of one year of Chemistry curriculum or a minimum of two years lab experience as reviewed and approved at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of chemistry.
- Ability to follow established methods and procedures.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and software.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Skills, training, and experience consistent with requirements for a Lab Technician or Level One Chemist.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a member of a cohesive team.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to accept feedback and adjust when necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
General Lab environment: Includes sitting, standing, and walking; infrequent lifting of up to 20 lbs., pulling pushing, carrying reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, and crouching. Work is completed in the lab environment that contains toxic materials with possible exposure to odors, acids, fumes, and other reactive materials.
This description is representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and physical requirements to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties or work overtime as required.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org