Regular – Full Time
NSL Analytical Services Inc. is an independent, commercial materials testing laboratory. Our services comprise a broad spectrum of analytical testing for quality control, failure analysis, product performance, and material selection and characterization. We are currently searching for the most talented individuals to join our staff, and look forward to welcoming you to our team. We are always looking for team players with good problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to organize and multitask to meet production deadlines. The ideal candidates will be flexible, team oriented, and willing to learn multiple facets of our business.
The Saw Operator is responsible for sample preparation.
Primary Responsibilities/Key Attributes*:
- Prepares samples using a variety of industrial saws for subsequent machining or testing processes. Lays-out out test piece locations with the approval of supervisor, sets up and operates saws.
- Maintains facility and equipment, including preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for proper chemical hygiene and safety for all areas of the facility.
- Adheres to laboratory safety standards.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- At least 1 year of experience working full-time in a machine shop or materials testing laboratory. Commercial testing laboratory experience preferred.
- Tow motor experience/license
- Some Trade School Training (ideal)
- Familiarity with the sample preparation techniques for a variety of alloys. Includes manual and automatic sample preparation techniques.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to interface with computerized databases and systems.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a member of a cohesive team.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to accept feedback and make adjustments when necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
- General machine shop environment: includes sitting, standing and walking; frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs., pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, and crouching. Frequent use of machinery with moving parts
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance – 1x salary of basic life insurance - no cost to employee
- Short Term Disability - no cost to employee
- Long Term Disability - no cost to employee
- Paid Time Off after 90 days of service
- 10 paid holidays after 30 days of service
- 401(k) - Eligible at the beginning of the month following 60 days of employment
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.