NSL Analytical Services Inc. is an independent, commercial materials testing laboratory located in the Cleveland area. NSL services comprise a broad spectrum of analytical testing for quality control, failure analysis, product performance, and material selection and characterization.
Our experienced chemists, metallurgists, and technicians are experts in testing metals, alloys, plastics, composites, and ceramic materials in powdered, solid, or liquid form.
The Saw Operator is responsible for sample preparation.
Primary Responsibilities/Key Attributes*:
- Prepares samples using a variety of industrial saws for subsequent machining or testing processes. Lays-out out test piece locations with the approval of supervisor, sets up and operates saws.
- Maintains facility and equipment, including preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for proper chemical hygiene and safety for all areas of the facility.
- Adheres to laboratory safety standards.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- At least 1 year of experience working full-time in a machine shop or materials testing laboratory. Commercial testing laboratory experience preferred.
- Tow motor experience/license
- Some Trade School Training (ideal)
- Familiarity with the sample preparation techniques for a variety of alloys. Includes manual and automatic sample preparation techniques.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to interface with computerized databases and systems.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a member of a cohesive team.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to accept feedback and make adjustments when necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
General machine shop environment: includes sitting, standing and walking; frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs., pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, and crouching. Frequent use of machinery with moving parts.
Candidates selected for interview will have to complete an on-site practical test which will requires candidate to read common measuring devices, including a tape measure, scale, or Vernier caliper, for example. The test will have a time limit and no calculators or cell phones will be permitted during the test. Only the candidates who have successfully completed the on-site test will continue on with an interview.
NSL offers a competitive salary and benefit package in a pleasant work environment.
Includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability and PTO.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Job Location: Cleveland, OH
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Machinist: 1 year