NSL Analytical Services Inc. is an independent, commercial materials testing laboratory. Our services comprise a broad spectrum of analytical testing for quality control, failure analysis, product performance, and material selection and characterization. We are currently searching for the most talented individuals to join our staff, and look forward to welcoming you to our team. We are always looking for team players with good problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to organize and multitask to meet production deadlines. The ideal candidates will be flexible, team oriented, and willing to learn multiple facets of our business.
Analyzes a wide variety of samples using Classical Wet Chemistry, Ion Chromatography, Cold Vapor Atomic Absorption, for which there are standards or established methods of analysis or for which the adaptation of standard methods is obvious or determined by others.
1. Ability to perform all responsibilities or duties of a Chemist I.
- Performs chemical tests of samples using wet Chemistry, and Ion Chromatography, CVAA instrumentation and apparatus.
- Performs basic instrument maintenance as detailed in the method
- Recommends methods and procedures update used in material analysis.
- Interprets test data and final results.
- Follows quality protocol as outlined in the methods or company SOP’s quality
- Enters test results into the Lab Information Management System (LIMS) database.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to maintain quality assurance of results and seamless customer service.
2. Able to select and apply general and specialized methods, techniques, and instruments commonly used in the laboratory.
3. Analyzes a wide variety of samples for which there are standard or established methods or analysis or for which the adaptation of standards is obvious.
4. High-level analytical problem solving skills.
- Performs entire analytical process of fundamental analysis without supervisory intervention in primary area of expertise.
- Identifies analytical problems that occur during testing of samples
5. Ensures safety standards are maintained.
6.Prepares written notes specific to problems on analysis.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a science related field requiring a minimum of one year of Chemistry curriculum plus 2 years of lab experience or a minimum of four years lab experience as reviewed and approved at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Analytical Instrumental experience on Ion Chromatography(IC) and/or CVAA Instruments a plus
- Sample preparation experience a plus
- Knowledge of accepted quality assurance/quality control procedures used in chemical analysis.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and approved chemical disposal practices.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of the operation and care of specialized laboratory equipment.
- Ability to follow established methods and procedures.
- Willingness to learn new tasks.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a member of a cohesive team.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to accept feedback and make adjustments when necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
- General machine shop environment: includes sitting, standing and walking; frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs., pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, and crouching. Frequent use of machinery with moving parts
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance – 1x salary of basic life insurance - no cost to employee
- Short Term Disability - no cost to employee
- Long Term Disability - no cost to employee
- Paid Time Off after 90 days of service
- 10 paid holidays after 30 days of service
- 401(k) - Eligible at the beginning of the month following 60 days of employment
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.